Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I'm Back!

Hi there!


It's been a while since I've been on...Wow. Over a year since I've typed anything. That's SAD!


I'm going to try to do better.



To update:


Hammer was born April 23, 2010 at 3:40 pm. He weighed 8 pounds, 10 ounces and measured 21 1/2 inches. Yea - he was a big 'un. (And no - we did NOT name him Hammer. I am simply calling him that on the blog for security reasons.)


This is Hammer today:





Will is still working with the same company he has been for the last nine years. Just in a different position. He is starting to enjoy his new position more and more as he "learns the ropes". He doesn't like to NOT know what he is doing. So taking a new job is hard for him. But he is super smart and is learning fast and making a name for himself.


I am still working. I really enjoy my job. Working in an environment where you are responsible for your actions is great. NOTHING is swept under the rug. And I like that. I need that.


I hope to continue to write more. I am thinking about giving up Facebook for a little while. It has become a distraction. A distraction from house work, play time with Hammer, job duties, etc. And I don't like that. I do like knowing when someone needs prayer or needs to hear an encouraging word. I also like to be able to send someone a message that I don't have a phone number for. But I also have lots of thoughts I need to write down. That little square for a Facebook status is large enough for me to write "what's on my mind", but it's not large enough for the justification behind the thought. If I type in "some folks are complete idiots" and then a co-worker sees my status who just so happened to walk out of my office around the time I typed that, they may think it was about them when it was really about a fellow Facebook friend who is really IS an idiot. Yes it's true I should not put anything on FB about anyone being an idiot. That just isn't nice. It may be true, but it isn't nice. I also get REALLY frustrated with FB folks. But that's a post for a whole other day.


But this is all why I may give up Facebook and therefore will be writing more. I can keep up with my family through the blog. They know Hammer's real name. They know I haven't called him Hammer to his face more than a hand full of times. (We choose to call him nicer words that isn't a tool, such as "toot", "poot-poot", "poot", "booger", "boog", "handsome", "buddy", etc. You know - formal nicknames.) My family knows I am flat out weird and they understand my humor and sarcasm. They know I would never offend anyone on purpose, but on honest accident. They know my heart.


All the 499 Facebook "friends" I have know what I tell them. A small percentage actually know me and know my fragile heart.


And about that 499, isn't that a strange number?? Why not 498 or 500? Just strange. And yes - I just clicked on my FB account to see how many I had. And yes - 499 was the number.


So until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment