I used a great tutorial on the blog Under the Table and Dreaming. You can find it here. This is what her finished product looked like.

And this one is mine.
I didn't make my "V"s as sharp as hers so mine came out more like a flower than a star. I wanted the star look, but that's alright. If you decide to make one maybe that will help you decide how sharp your "V" will be.
I finished the mirror about a month or so ago and I just hung it up last night.
I'm still debating if I like it. I'm not sure. I'm also debating if I'm going to paint the sticks or leave them natural. And yes, I know that I need a new comforter. I have had the hardest time ever trying to find a comforter that feels good, looks good, is washable, and is less that $400. It must meet all 4 levels of criteria before I buy it. So I have a comforter that is only washable and in my price range.
It was a really easy project. Here are some other mirrors I've seen:

Found here.
Found here.
Found here.

Found here.
You can create a sunburst mirror many different ways. Simply go to pinterest and type in "sunburst mirror" and look what pops up. It's crazy!
No comments:
Post a Comment