We have had a lot going on here at the Cran Clan household. Cran Baby #2 was welcomed in mid-December. It still amazes me that I have TWO babies. Especially 2 babies under the age of two.
I haven't created a "blog name" for him yet. Hopefully I will have one soon. "Hammer" was an easy choice for baby #1 because that is what we called him before we officially named him. Baby #2 was simply called "the baby" until we named him officially. We are creative like that. Ha!
I had a c-section. Therefore I haven't been able to lift Hammer yet. I have had to have LOTS of help. Luckily, my mother-in-law and mom have been willing and able to help us. Hammer spends lots of time with them or we are all here together. This week, I have had Hammer and the baby alone several times and I have LOVED it. It has been tough and trying, but I have still LOVED it.
I am not sure if I have mentioned it here, but I will not be returning to work. It was a tough decision for me. I really loved my job. Prior to that job, I have never worked in an environment before that was majority women where there wasn't a lot of bickering/gossip. At WFHCO, the people were good. Sure, there was yuck here and there, but it was handled and things moved on. Talking about junk that was in the past or simply bumping the gums about an issue just didn't work. You faced the problem head on and worked to fix it OR you shut up. If those two solutions didn't work, then you probably didn't work out as an employee. Halfway work was also not welcomed. Quality was very important. Perfect was strive for always. Add a Christian environment to the equation and you get my job at WFHCO.
BUT, working 30 minutes from home with a husband who gone half the year with 2 kids under the age of 2 - simply impossible. Technically not impossible, but someone would be getting the short end of the stick, and I did not want that to be my boys. Through prayer,tears, and soul searching, the decision was made that I would work at home as a mom and wife.
I say all that to say - I hope to make this blog my "nap time escape". I want to blog more. I want to blog more about the craziness that is our life - the humor, the sadness, the joy, the triumphs, and the maddening arguments I have in my head with myself.
In the mean time, stay tuned and be patient. I have a 4 week old that is having tummy issues and a 20 month old that is absolutely into EVERYTHING, especially the kitchen sink. So I may not blog often. but I'll try.
No comments:
Post a Comment