Saturday, November 12, 2011

Bridesmaids

I visited the Redbox today and rented Bridesmaids and Something Borrowed. I have been looking forward to seeing both movies. I read Something Borrowed a few years ago and couldn't put the book down. It was one of those books where I HAD to know what was going to happen. Then i read Something Blue the next week but that's a story for a different day.

I chose to watch Bridesmaids today because I didn't know anything about it. I hate to say it but I was disappointed. I wanted to laugh and laugh. Instead I held my breath, covered my eyes, and bit my fingernails - DURING A COMEDY for goodness sakes. I couldn't help it. I got so nervous. I am not one to laugh when folks embarrass themselves or put themselves in awkward situations. I feel nervous and awkward WITH them so I don't think what's going on is "funny". Watching Bridesmaids, I even fast forwarded a few scenes because the poor maid of honor just flat out made a fool of herself and I couldn't handle it. (If you have seen the movie, I skipped through the last part of the engagement party toast, the flight to Vegas when she goes nuts, and the "fight" scene at the bridal shower.)

Now I did laugh at a few things. But "hilarious" is not a label I would give this movie. For me - it was like Meet the Parents all over again - everyone said the movie was "hilarious" or "so funny". But I came away with a belly ache and a new appreciation for my bridesmaids.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment