Friday, September 2, 2011

Ochocinco

Will and I were watching ESPN the other night and Chad Ochocinco was mentioned with a short blurb on his current position with the New England Patriots. Will said something about how he legally changed his name to "Ochocinco". I asked what was the significance in the name. Will said he didn't know, maybe religious. I commented that I though Chad Ochocinco was that big Pacific heritage guy, and thought that the black guy on the screen was Chad Johnson. I even said something like I'm confused thinking that was someone else and questioned why he would want a name that was eight-five in Spanish.

So, for those of you that don't know - Chad Ochocinco, the current #85 of the Patriots, was born Chad Johnson. LOL. And he's a black man, not a dark complexed man of Pacific origin. (I still don't know who I was thinking Ochocinco was. I know he was dark, from the Pacific Ocean region, really big, and has long hair. He looks like a native Indian on steroids.)

This is Chad: (picture from his Facebook page)



See the #85?!?!

And who says Dora the Explorer is bad for you? I knew immediately the "ochocinco" was 8-5.

Please note: I referred to racial qualities as descriptions for skin color. If that offends you, stop reading MY blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment