Friday, August 26, 2011

Catch up

This is what I have been up to lately:



I was new to Pinterest, so I was addicted there for a few weeks. It occupied all my time. I even downloaded the iPhone app, so even my time in bed at night was devoted to Pinterest.

Several of my Facebook friends have asked about Pinterest. In the words of Pinterest:
Pinterest lets you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and organize their favorite recipes.

Pinterest has given me way more DIY ideas than I could do in a year. From teacher appreciation gifts to more uses than I could ever dream of for an old pallet, to recipes that make you go "yum" and pictures that make you scratch your head, Pinterest is a large collection of internet goodness. Need a recipe? Go to Pinterest and type in whatever you are thinking about making. Or click the food tab and "ta-da!" - thousands of food items.

Something else I have been doing instead of blogging - I read this book in 3 days:

 

(Photo from http://us.penguingroup.com/)

It was a really good book. I got attached to the characters and had to know what happened. Therefore, I stayed up WAY past my bedtime 3 nights in a row to finish it. It was good, but I was reminded why I haven't purchased a book lately to read. I have zero discipline.



Will, Hammer, and I went for a Rhino ride a few weeks ago to check on some things around the land. I grabbed my camera "just in case". And guess what - We saw Chops and Sonny, Will's parent's dogs. Hammer is in love with those dogs. He played and played, and I snapped and snapped. See:









I had a good tome taking pictures, and Hammer had a great time playing in the grass with the dogs.

I also took a quick flight to San Antonio to meet Will and ride home with him. We weren't in Texas long, but we did have the opportunity to go to a drive through "safari" and feed a few animals.



Will fed the animals...I just took pictures. i wasn't about to stick my hand near the mouth of an animal whose native habitat is not Texas hill country. And yes, that is a zebra eating out of Will's hand. I know... some people have no sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment