I went to the doctor yesterday. At 14 weeks 1 day, the baby's heart rate was 150. The doctor's scales say I gained weight, but I choose to believe it had to do with me wearing a suit and heels. My scales at home have me down 5 pounds. Still not sure which one to believe. Considering I've been eating very healthy (with the exception of the WHOLE ENTIRE pizza I ate), I am choosing to believe that I am still down 5 pounds. The doctor told me 20 pound weight gain for the entire pregnancy was good. (I'm thinking cause I'm already on the heavy side anyway.)
About the gender.... I'm so bummed. I was hoping we would be able to find out in November. Well...it's looking like it will be December do to Will's schedule. I know - bummer. But I refuse to have the ultrasound without him. On the positive side, that gives Will and I one more month of peace before we start battling it out for a name! In case you are wondering - we cannot agree. He is too opinionated and I just want to be different. And I may have a few opinions of my own. We agreed to not settle for a name until we know the gender. In fact, we haven't discussed names at all in several weeks. He wants common, I want different. I don't want to call my child's name out and 10 heads turn and look at me. Don't get me wrong - i don't want to call my child's name out and hear snickers and laughter either. But seriously - there HAS to be a name out there that we both like. We haven't found it yet.
And I guess we won't find it until after December...
No comments:
Post a Comment